Sunday, June 24, 2012

Missing Daddy

Wow, it's been a full weekend. Jason is visiting friends in Spokane, and it's been just me and the kiddos. I'm exhausted. Solo parenting is hecka-hard.  It was also a weekend when I tried to take the kids in for hair cuts, but Judah had a toddler meltdown and left the salon with his hair half done.  I also led worship today, and without Daddy, that's a bit challenging.  Thankfully one of our babysitters goes to our church and met me early to monitor the kids dancing during our sound check.  Full, crazy, and blessed weekend.

What was interesting was to see a change in Judah without Jason around.  The little man had such a hard time this weekend, and was pretty cranky. He's normally such an easygoing kid, but I could tell that something didn't feel "right" for him with Daddy gone, and he kept saying "Where's Dad?".  Although it made things harder for me, it was a sweet at the same time, realizing how bonded Judah and Jason are.  I am thankful for that bond.

Here are some pics of the kids at play today, on our final outing before Daddy flies home tomorrow.

Judah had so much fun today

Judah and this little girl walked around holding hands the whole time, then would go down the slide at the same time...they were SO cute!


Say "cheese"...She loves it!
This is her first time being able to climb up on the big play structure.  She had a blast!

No comments: