Thursday, June 14, 2012

We're moving!

Some of you already know, but we're getting ready to move to Wickenburg, Arizona the last week of July.  I know--horrible time of year to be moving to Arizona.



Why Arizona?
Well, Jason is about to graduate with his Bachelors in Social Work, and his next step is to pursue his Masters in Social Work at Arizona State University.  The very cool aspect of this move is that we will be near family since we're moving into my parent's guest house while we work on selling our place in Oregon. I am also able to keep doing my job with the bank while Jason pursues his degree --Huge blessing! I will continue working on my masters at the same time since my program is online.  Everything is coming together :)

The hard part is getting rid of our stuff.  We are doing the minimalist thing on this move, and we will only be taking our mini-van and whatever we can fit in a 5' x 8' U-haul trailer.  No crap allowed.  The guest house is furnished, so we won't really need most of our stuff.  At first I was worried about getting rid of so much, but it's really pretty liberating.

Jason gave me the count down today:  39 days until the move

We will miss our Oregon family and friends so much, but we are very excited about this new adventure!  Year around sun, here we come!


No comments: