Sunday, May 27, 2012

Celebrating Jason (amazing hubby, daddy, and partner in life)

Jason is almost finished with his Bachelor’s in Social Work at PSU, and he’ll be graduating this year on Father’s Day. This is so exciting for us, but also a bummer that two of his five kids won’t be around that day. For that reason, we are celebrating Father’s Day today, and I’ll start by sharing a bit about the father Jason is…

When Jason and I were dating back in 2006, his kids were elementary and junior high ages, and he was going through quite a learning curve adjusting to the pre-teen years. He was also working through the challenges that come with being a non-custodial parent, and through those challenges, I was able to see Jason model the love of Christ for his kids, and for me. I grew to understand unconditional love in a way I hadn’t before. Jason’s love for his kids became one of the things I grew to admire most about him.

It’s been such an honor to have two more kids with Jason and see him be a Daddy again to our little munchkins. He teaches me every day, and challenges me to grow as a parent to our kids. He has such a good balance of gentleness and firmness, and his relationship with each of us points us toward Christ. 

Jason and Ben on New Year's Eve ...
Ben was only 9 years old when I married his Dad.  Alayna and MiKeila don't pose for pictures often, but I hope to get a few someday with their Dad.

Daddy and his little man



Daddy's little princess

I thank God everyday for the blessing that Jason is to our family. I am blessed beyond words.




No comments: