Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thinking differently

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated this blog.  Life happened, and two toddlers later, I have been focusing on getting healthy and keeping up with my little munchkins, Judah & Meriella.  I started using a website called MyFitnessPal back in January 2011, and between that time and January 2012, I lost 38 pounds.  I used the website to track my caloric intake and my exercise, which works well for someone nerdy like me, because it helped me to look at my calories from a budget perspective.  The website and iPhone app also worked great for me because it has makes tracking my calories easy and has an online community to provide support throughout the journey.

So now it's May 2012, and I have maintained my weight-loss.  The frustrating part is that I have not made any progress since January.  I haven't gained --  I haven't lost.  I need to think differently about how I move forward, so I'm taking some tips from my brother, and making my goals public.  You can check out a post on his journey here.  

Bottom Line:  I have a goal to lose 25 more pounds by Dec 31, 2012.  It won't be easy...I am already managing the caloric intake and the healthy food choices fairly well.  What needs to change are my exercise habits.  Today, I am sporadic at best, even with a treadmill in my garage.  

I just have to remember how far I have come, and continue to press on.  I need all the accountability and support I can get, so thank you in advance for giving me a kick in the butt when I need it!


Remembering me 38 pounds heavier, in Dec 2010:

Being inspired by me 38 pounds lighter, today :-)



No comments: