Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why I do what I do

I'm in Northern California this week for work, and while I enjoy business trips, the best part of my day was the time I spent with my husband and munchkins on FaceTime. Although I miss my family so much when I'm gone, I really love the work I do, and I started thinking more about that today as I was conducting interviews to hire a new team member. The question that I began thinking on is Why do I love the work I do?

Answer: It doesn't feel like work.

My entire job is focused on helping individuals and teams identify and reach their potential. My success comes from the growth of those that I serve. I'm able to be creative, innovative, and always growing in community.

It's pretty amazing really. I'm thankful for my job and the joy that it brings every day. I am even more thankful for a husband who supports me in pursuing my passions through my career!


No comments: